INFO & EVENTS • Our userpics are created and submitted by our members. If you are interested in submitting a new userpic for any of our journals, please refer to one of the moderators of this community.
Quick and Easy Guide to Elfwood-LJ
• elfwood is for community discussions. Join elfwoodplugs to plug your art, or recommend others! And for discussions relating to rules and policies at Elfwood, including moderator decisions, check out elfwoodrules. Keep an eye on elfwoodtech to find out what is going on with the technical side of Elfwood.
Other notable Elfwood-Related journals include: ew_crits :: a place to receive critiques on your art or stories wyverns_library :: for the writers wyvern :: a collaborative story project ew_gothic :: for Elfwood members/enthusiasts who appreciate the darker side of art and writing erb :: Elfwood Review Board's official journal ew_mods :: Elfwood Moderator's official journal thedarkcorner :: The place to find artists willing to do free requests, art trades and collaborations. ew_imagedoctors :: If you need help fixing up images before submission to Elfwood, stop by and have a look.
Rules for posting in this Elfwood LiveJournal
1. Stay on topic. Please feel free to discuss anything art-, writing-, fantasy/sci-fi- or Elfwood-related, such as art techniques and mediums, tricks of the trade, projects, civil complaints, Fantasy/Sci-Fi movies, books, conventions, etc. Posts regarding technical questions related to livejournal, quiz/meme results, stuff about your personal life (unless it related to the topics mentioned above), email forwards, etc, are not allowed.
2. Respect each other. Flames, trolling, spamming, and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Posts of this nature may be deleted without warning. This applies to comments, too. Spammings posts with inane/trollish/ALLCAPSOMG/off-topic comments, or comments with completely unrelated images may be deleted without warning. Please keep swearing to a minimum, or put it behind an LJ cut with a proper warning.
3. If you wish to plug your artwork, please do so in elfwoodplugs. If you're looking for a critique, please post at ew_crits. You are permitted an introductory post that includes a link to your Elfwood gallery. This is the only time you are allowed to plug in the Elfwood livejournal, after that all plugs must go in elfwoodplugs.
4. For questions regarding Elfwood rules or policies, please post in elfwoodrules. If you have a problem with a rule at Elfwood, or with a decision made by a moderator, the place to have it seriously looked at is Elfwood itself. Either reply to your rejection email, or use the Contact Form to send them an email. If you want to find out the opinions of other Elfwood members (bearing in mind they won't be able to actually change any Elfwood policies) please post about it in elfwoodrules. Please DO NOT use this community to discuss/complain about moderators' decisions. If you disagree with a moderator's decision, the place to take it up with is the mods. Either reply to your rejection email, or use Elfwood's contact form. This is the only way to get your image or story re-evaluated. Please note that elfwoodrules can be used to discuss moderator decisions, but like in this community, posts that are intentionally bitchy, or made to cause drama, may be deleted without warning.
5. Please use LJ cuts when appropriate. Very long posts or posts that contain pictures larger than 100 x 200 must be behind lj-cuts. There is information on how to do this right here.
6. No cross-posting amongst the Elfwood LJ communities.
7. Civil complaints or issues you wish to bring up are allowed here, as long as they are on-topic. Posts made for the sole purpose of bitching/whining or causing drama are not allowed, and may be deleted without warning.
If you have any questions regarding the Elfwood LJ communities, feel free to ask one of the community maintainers, listed below. If you have questions specific to the Elfwood moderation system, please read this post, as it might have already answered your question. The community maintainers have the final call over what's allowed. If you see a post that you don't think belongs, please let one of us know. Thanks!
From the official site: "Elfwood is a huge, non-profit home to Fantasy/Sci-Fi art and literature. In response to feedback from artists and viewers, Elfwood has expanded its site to cover a full range of Art, Fiction and How-To Guides. It is tightly controlled to stay within the SciFi/Fantasy theme, as art or stories depicting other motifs are not accepted. We host a wide range of original artwork to behold and inspire, and exciting tales to tantalize the imagination.
The growth of Elfwood has been tremendous since its humble beginning in May 96."